Turnus of offer:
each winter semester
Course of studies, specific field and terms:
- Master Infection Biology 2018 (optional subject), Microbiology, 3rd semester
- Master Infection Biology 2012 (compulsory), Microbiology, 3rd semester
Classes and lectures:
- Practical Courses (block practical course, 24 SWS)
- 360 Hours in-classroom work
- 120 Hours private studies
Contents of teaching:
- In the two parts of the block internship, two different skills from the listed competencies are to be acquired. One part of the internship parts must cover at least 12 weeks, the second part can last 8 to 10 weeks. A total of 22 weeks of full-time practical work must be completed.
- Molecular microbiology: M 1: Genomics/ transcriptomics M 2: Proteomics/ lipidomics M 3: Structure analytics of macromolecules M 4: Protein expression and -purification M 5: Membrane biophysics M 6: RNA/ siRNA-Technologies M 7: Molecular Genetics of microbes/pathogens
- Cellular microbiology: C 1: Tissue culture/ Cell culture C 2: Microbe-infected cell/ tissue models C 3: In vivo infection models C 4: Cell tracing/ Cell sorting/ Cellular biochemistry C 5: Immunology C 6: Microscopic Techniques/ Ultrastructure
- Medical Microbiology Me1: Diagnostic tools in microbiology and serology Me2: Tropical medicine Me3: Infection-epidemiology
- Extension and application of the acquired theory to the experimental work in two fields of Cellular- and Molecular microbiology (called competences) in each course; Acquisition of practical knowledge in documentation and presentation (including discussion) of scientific data; ability to work in a team; getting lab experiences by working on real research projects.
- Live long learning competence
- Students work hands on and with minor supervision obliging legal regulations and safety guidelines including o laboratory safety and hygiene o hazardous substances o biological agents o genetically modified agents
Is requisite for:
Responsible for this module:
- Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Stefan Taube
- All institutes of the University of Lübeck
- MitarbeiterInnen des Instituts
- provided scientific papaeer: Self-study, independent literature search
Admission requirements for taking the module:
Admission requirements for taking module examination(s):
- Block practicals must be approved by Prof. Taube 4 weeks prior to commencement.
- Regular participation (85%) in block practicals which may be carried out at the University of Lübeck, other universities in Germany and abroad, research institutions or industrial companies.
- LS4115-L1 Block practical: one oral presentation for one of the internships with two examinators ; 30 min; 50% of final grade
-LS4115-L2 Block practical: one poster presentation for one of the internships; 2 examinators, each 30 min, each examinator 25 % of final grade
Letzte Änderung: 21.4.2021