Turnus of offer:
every second winter semester
Course of studies, specific field and terms:
- Master CLS 2023 (optional subject), mathematics, 1st or 3rd semester
- Master CLS 2023 (compulsory), mathematics, 1st or 3rd semester
- Bachelor CLS 2016 (optional subject), mathematics, 5th semester
- Master CLS 2016 (optional subject), mathematics, 1st or 3rd semester
Classes and lectures:
- Image Registration (exercise, 1 SWS)
- Image Registration (lecture, 2 SWS)
- 30 Hours work on project
- 65 Hours private studies and exercises
- 45 Hours in-classroom work
- 10 Hours exam preparation
Contents of teaching:
- Introduction and basic principles
- Deformation models
- Landmark-based registration
- Parametric registration
- Non-parametric registration and regularization strategies
- Students know the fundamental concepts of image registration.
- They are able to translate concrete problems into adequate models.
- They have experience with parametric registration and can determine optimal parameters.
- They understand nonparametric image registration.
- Interdisciplinary qualifications:
- Students have advanced skills in modeling.
- They can translate theoretical concepts into practical solutions.
- They are experienced in implementation.
- They can think abstractly about practical problems.
- Written or oral exam as announced by the examiner
Responsible for this module:
- Goshtasby: 2D and 3D Image Registration - Wiley
- Modersitzki: Numerical Methods for Image Registration - Oxford University Press
- Modersitzki: FAIR: Flexible Algorithms for Image Registration - SIAM
- Rohr: Landmark-Based Image Analysis - Kluwer
- German and English skills required
Prerequisites for attending the module:
- None (Familiarity with the topics of the required modules is assumed, but the modules are not a formal prerequisite for attending the course).
Prerequisites for the exam:
- Preliminary examinations can be determined at the beginning of the semester. If preliminary work has been defined, it must have been completed and positively assessed before the first examination.
- MA5030-L1: Image Registration, written examination (90min) or oral examination (30min) as decided by examiner, 100% of final mark
Letzte Änderung: 14.12.2021