Turnus of offer:
each winter semester
Course of studies, specific field and terms:
- Bachelor CLS 2023 (compulsory), mathematics, 3rd or 5th semester
- Master Medical Informatics 2019 (optional subject), Medical Data Science / Artificial Intelligence, 1st or 2nd semester
- Bachelor CLS 2016 (compulsory), mathematics, 3rd or 5th semester
- Master Medical Informatics 2014 (optional subject), ehealth / infomatics, 1st or 2nd semester
- Master Computer Science 2012 (optional subject), specialization field medical informatics, 3rd semester
Classes and lectures:
- Genetic Epidemiology 1 (exercise, 1 SWS)
- Genetic Epidemiology 1 (lecture, 2 SWS)
- 45 Hours in-classroom work
- 15 Hours exam preparation
- 60 Hours private studies
Contents of teaching:
- Fundamentals in molecular genetics: Genetic information, transmission and variation of genetic information, genotyping methods
- Fundamentals in formal genetics: Mendelian laws, segregation patterns, Hardy-Weinberg-equilibrium
- Genetic markers
- Data quality: Errors in the data, methods of error detection
- Association studies: Study designs, tests, estimates, linkage disequilibrium, bias in the data
- Genome-wide association: Study designs, implementation, specific problems
- Students are able to describe the generation of genetic data, its error sources and methods of detection.
- They can select and describe the most important approaches for genetic epidemiological association studies on the level of single markers.
- They are able to apply the basic test procedures manually and to interpret the results.
- They are able to describe the statistical evaluation steps in a genome-wide association study and interpret the results.
- Written or oral exam as announced by the examiner
Is requisite for:
Responsible for this module:
- Prof. Dr. Silke Szymczak
- MitarbeiterInnen des Instituts
- Ziegler A, König IR.: A statistical approach to genetic epidemiology. Concepts and applications. - 2010. ISBN: 978-3-527-32389-0
- Bickeböller H, Fischer, C: Einführung in die Genetische Epidemiologie - 2007. ISBN: 978-3-540-25616-8
Prerequisites for attending the module:
- None (The competencies of the modules listed under 'Requires' are needed for this module, but are not a formal prerequisite)
Prerequisites for the exam:
- Examination prerequisites can be defined at the beginning of the semester. If preliminary work is defined, it must have been completed and positively evaluated before the first examination.
- MA3200-L1: Genetic Epidemiology 1, oral exam, 30 min, or written exam, 90 min, 100% of module grade
Letzte Änderung: 6.9.2022
für die Ukraine