Turnus of offer:
each winter semester
Course of studies, specific field and terms:
- Master Entrepreneurship in Digital Technologies 2020 (advanced module), technology field computer science, Arbitrary semester
- Master MES 2020 (optional subject), computer science / electrical engineering, Arbitrary semester
- Master Media Informatics 2020 (optional subject), computer science, Arbitrary semester
- Master Media Informatics 2014 (optional subject), computer science, Arbitrary semester
- Master Medical Informatics 2019 (optional subject), ehealth / infomatics, 1st or 2nd semester
- Master IT-Security 2019 (compulsory), IT-Security, 1st or 2nd semester
Classes and lectures:
- Communication and System Security (seminar-style lectures with exercises, 2 SWS)
- Communication and System Security (lecture, 2 SWS)
- 60 Hours in-classroom work
- 100 Hours private studies
- 20 Hours exam preparation
Contents of teaching:
- Cryptographic procedures and protocols, security analyses
- IT security at system level, security mechanisms
- Security, privacy and trust of special systems such as Cloud and IoT
- Code analysis
- Security management, legal framework conditions
- Security problems in IT systems
- Students can explain the basic methods in the field of cybersecurity and apply them to case studies.
- They can demonstrate a deeper understanding of cryptographic methods and their applications in communication systems.
- They can analyze the entire spectrum of the security of a system.
- They can explain modelling techniques and describe experiences with their use.
- They can apply a variety of standard techniques to increase the security of a system.
- Viva Voce or test
- written homework
Is requisite for:
Responsible for this module:
- Stallings, Brown: Computer Security: Principles and Practice - 4th ed., Pearson, 2018
- Katz, Lindell: Introduction to Modern Cryptography - 2nd ed., CRC Press, 2014
- Stinson: Cryptography: Theory and Practice - 4th ed., CRC Press, 2018
- English, except in case of only German-speaking participants
Admission requirements for taking the module:
- None (the competencies of the modules listed under
Letzte Änderung: 1.2.2022
für die Ukraine