Turnus of offer:
normally each term
Course of studies, specific field and terms:
- Master IT-Security 2019 (optional subject), IT-Security, 3rd semester
Classes and lectures:
- Basics for product development (lecture, 1 SWS)
- Development of a secure IT application (practical course, 12 SWS)
- Basics for product development (exercise, 1 SWS)
- 290 Hours work on project
- 30 Hours oral presentation (including preparation)
- 40 Hours written report
- 120 Hours private studies and exercises
Contents of teaching:
- Project task for a concrete safety-critical problem in the IT area
- Analysis of a safety-critical problem in the IT area, including scientific state of the art
- Selection, clear definition and development of methods to increase safety
- Writing of an exposé outlining the problem, project task, work packages and time managment. Selection of adequate tools (e.g. time-, task- and progress control)
- Prototypical realization of a system with given security requirements while regarding product life cycle and economic efficiency
- Social, ethical and legal aspects of safety-critical systems (e.g. licensing)
- The students can recognize, analyze and realize safety requirements.
- The students can analyze complex IT security tasks and work on them in a structured way.
- The students can assess economic, social and legal framework conditions in the development of IT systems.
- The students have basic competencies in project management, can organize themselves as a project team and apply tools adequatly
- In presentation (of their work), students can respond to special audiences or time constraints
- Written report
- Oral presentation
- successful addressing of the project goals
Responsible for this module:
- English, except in case of only German-speaking participants
Admission requirements for taking the module:
Admission requirements for participation in module examination(s):
- Successful completion of the internship task
- Documentation and (interim) presentation as specified when the internship is issued
- CS4421-L1: Block internship IT security, project execution, documentation and presentation, 100% of module grade.
The internships can be completed at the University of Lübeck as well as at external universities, research institutions and companies with a clear IT security focus in Germany and abroad.
Letzte Änderung: 15.9.2021
für die Ukraine