Turnus of offer:
normally each year in the winter semester
Course of studies, specific field and terms:
- Master Computer Science 2019 (optional subject), Elective, Arbitrary semester
- Master IT-Security 2019 (optional subject), IT Safety and Reliability, 1st, 2nd, or 3rd semester
- Master Robotics and Autonomous Systems 2019 (optional subject), Additionally recognized elective module, Arbitrary semester
Classes and lectures:
- Reliability Engineering (exercise, 2 SWS)
- Reliability Engineering (lecture, 2 SWS)
- 20 Hours exam preparation
- 100 Hours private studies
- 60 Hours in-classroom work
Contents of teaching:
- Basic concepts
- Reliability analysis
- Qualification tests
- Maintainability analysis
- Design guidelines for reliability, maintainability and software quality
- Students are able to discuss the basic concepts of Reliabilty Engineering
- They are able to analyze the reliability of technical systems by mathematical models
- They are able to select and apply qualification tests
- They are able to perform a maintainability analysis
- They are able to follow design guidelines for reliable and maintainable systems.
Responsible for this module:
- A. Birolini: Reliability Engineering: Theory and Practice - Springer 2013
- M. Rausand: Reliability of Safety-Critical Systems - Wiley 2014
- English, except in case of only German-speaking participants
Admission requirements for taking the module:
Admission requirements for participation in module examination(s):
- Successful completion of exercises as specified at the beginning of the semester.
- CS4452-L1: Technical Reliability, written exam, 90min, 100% of the module grade.
According to the decision of the examination board of computer science of 15.1.2020 this module can be chosen by students Master Computer Science SGO from 2019 in the area of 5th elective.
Letzte Änderung: 6.4.2023