Turnus of offer:
normally each year in the summer semester
Course of studies, specific field and terms:
- Master Media Informatics 2020 (optional subject), computer science, Arbitrary semester
- Master Medical Informatics 2019 (optional subject), ehealth / infomatics, 1st or 2nd semester
- Master IT-Security 2019 (optional subject), IT Security and Privacy, 1st, 2nd, or 3rd semester
- Master Medical Informatics 2014 (optional subject), ehealth / infomatics, 1st or 2nd semester
Classes and lectures:
- Cryptographic Protocols (lecture, 3 SWS)
- Cryptographic Protocols (exercise, 1,5 SWS)
- 85 Hours private studies and exercises
- 20 Hours exam preparation
- 75 Hours in-classroom work
Contents of teaching:
- Complex cryptographic protocols, security analyses
- Anonymity and Privacy, Private Computation and Information Retrieval, Differential Privacy
- Quantum Cryptographie
- Steganography, digital seals and watermarks
- secure e-commerce, electronic money, online elections
- The students can reason about cryptographic methods and their application in communication systems.
- The are able to select suitable security primitives for given applications and to implement them.
- The can conduct a security analysis of communication protocols.
- They can designate the weaknesses of real systems and evaluate them.
Responsible for this module:
- Lindell: Tutorials on the Foundations of Cryptography - Springer 2017
- J. Katz, Y. Lindell: Introduction to Modern Cryptography - CRC Press 2014
- Goldreich: Fundamentals of Cryptography - Cambridge Univ. Press 2004
- I. Cox, M. Miller, J. Bloom, J. Fridrich, T. Kalkerm: Digital Watermarking and Steganography - Morgan Kaufmann 2008
- Dwork, Roth: The Algorithmic Foundations of Differential Privacy - 2014
- English, except in case of only German-speaking participants
Admission requirements for taking the module:
- None (the competencies under
Letzte Änderung: 2.10.2023