Turnus of offer:
each summer semester
Course of studies, specific field and terms:
- Master MES 2020 (optional subject), computer science / electrical engineering, Arbitrary semester
- Master Media Informatics 2020 (optional subject), computer science, Arbitrary semester
- Master IT-Security 2019 (optional subject), IT Safety and Reliability, 1st, 2nd, or 3rd semester
- Master MES 2014 (optional subject), computer science / electrical engineering, Arbitrary semester
- Master Medical Informatics 2014 (optional subject), computer science, 1st or 2nd semester
- Master Media Informatics 2014 (optional subject), computer science, Arbitrary semester
- Master Computer Science 2014 (optional subject), specialization field IT security and safety, 1st or 2nd semester
Classes and lectures:
- Runtime Verification and Testing (exercise, 1 SWS)
- Runtime Verification and Testing (lecture, 3 SWS)
- 60 Hours in-classroom work
- 100 Hours private studies and exercises
- 20 Hours exam preparation
Contents of teaching:
- Quality aspects of software systems
- Analysis and verification techniques for software systems
- Testing levels
- Testing process
- Kinds of tests
- Test case generation
- Specification of correctness properties
- synthesis of monitors for the observation of software systems
- diagnosis of errors in software systems
- realization of monitoring frameworks
- The students can describe and compare analysis and verification techniques.
- They can construct, analyse and evaluate specifications of correctness and safety properties.
- They can illustrate different techniques for testing hardware and software systems and can select and apply suitable techniques.
- They can explain the operation process of test case generation tools and can clasify suitable applications.
- They can describe and apply techniques for the synthesis of monitors.
- With the acquired techniques they can develop software of higher quality.
- Written or oral exam as announced by the examiner
Responsible for this module:
- G.J. Myers: The Art of Software Testing - John Wiley, 1979
- B. Beizer: Software Testing Techniques - Van Nostrand Reinhold, 1999
- M. Broy, B. Jonsson, J.-P. Katoen, M. Leucker, A. Pretschner: Model-Based Testing of Reactive Systems - Springer, 2005
- A. Bauer, M. Leucker, C. Schallhart: Runtime Verification for LTL and TLTL - ACM TOSEM, 2011
- C. Baier, J.-P. Katoen: Principles of Model Checking - MIT Press, 2008
- D. Peled: Software Reliability Methods - Springer, 2001
- English, except in case of only German-speaking participants
Admission requirements for taking the module:
Admission requirements for participation in module examination(s):
- Successful completion of exercises as specified at the beginning of the semester.
- CS4139-L1: Runtime Verification and Testing, oral exam, 100% of the module grade.
Letzte Änderung: 1.2.2022