A degree in Biotechnology, Chemistry, Dental-Hygiene, Nursing, Medical Laboratory Science, Pharmacy or any 1st professional degree in Medicine (e.g. MBBS) is unfortunately not suitable for applying to the program.


To apply (start: first week of May; deadline: July 15th), you will need to present/file the following documents:


  • Bachelor certificate in (micro-)biology or biochemistry / molecular life science or a 2nd state exam certificate in human or veterinary medicine (translated into English or German)

  • Transcript of records or Diploma supplement (translated into English or German)

  • GPA between 1.0 (best score) and 2.3 using the Modified Bavarian Formula formula (good grades in chemistry, biochemistry, biology, microbiology, genetics and mathematics are a must have!)

  • English-language skills, upper B2 level (B2+ or B2.3; CERF Pre-Advanced): native speaker; TOEFL score 79 or better; IELTS 6.5 or better; German Abitur with at least 7 years of english classes (Grade "good")

  • Title and abstract of your written Bachelor Thesis or track-record of prolonged practical laboratory work (in English; Basic practical laboratory skills in a bio-lab are definitely a must have!)

  • Curriculum vitae (in English)

  • Letter of motivation (in English)

All non-German / non-EEA (non European Economic Area) foreigners as well as stateless applicants with foreign certificates who would like to apply for the 1st semester have to apply via uni-assist in Berlin:

Foreign students are highly advised to apply as early as possible (beginning of May) in order to be able to supply missing documents in time! Furthermore, original certificates as well as hard-copies of sworn translations have to be authenticated by an original stamp and signature on every single page and send by regular mail to Uni-Assist.

EU / EEA citizens can apply using the following link:

Applicants that have already gained a suitable Bachelor degree in Germany or applicants who have attended a "Studienkolleg" in Germany and passed the "Feststellungsprüfung" or applicants that have enrolled in a suitable Master in Germany and want to switch to the Universität zu Lübeck (please add to your application a current confirmation of enrollment from a German University) can send their documents directly to:

Universität zu Lübeck
Akademisches Auslandsamt
Ratzeburger Allee 160
D-23562 Lübeck

Una Doherty from the International Office may help you with your application.