Student Service Centre

At the
Student Service Centre,
we handle all issues on studying at the university, i.e., applications, admissions, enrolment, removal from register of students, leave of absence, transfer to another university, etc. For information, please contact:

Ms Pommer (surnames A–H), Tel. +49 451 3101 1272

Ms Harfenstein (surnames I–P), Tel. +49 451 3101 1260

Ms Weber (surnames Q–Z), Tel.: +49 451 3101 1261

Ratzeburger Allee 160
23562 Lübeck
For information on applications and admission to any
master’s programme, please contact
Ms Freiberg,
Tel. +49 451 3101 1267, Email:

Degree Programme Information

You can get
Degree Programme Information
of a general nature for all our programmes, guidance on resolving a problem or conflict in your studies, advice on career prospects, etc. For information, please contact:

Dr. Voigt

Ratzeburger Allee 160
23562 Lübeck
Tel: 0451-3101 1250
Fax: 0451-3101 1254

International Office

At the
International Office,
we handle all issues concerning certification of international students, and guide enrolled students on studying or getting an internship abroad. For information, please contact:

Ms Saenger
Ms Doherty

Ratzeburger Allee 160
23562 Lübeck
Tel: 0451-3101 1256 / -1257
Fax: 0451-3101-1254

Contact Details of Key Institutions

State Office for Health and Work Safety

Mr Krause

Gartenstraße 24
24534 Neumünster

Tel. 04321-913-932


If you are not yet a resident of Germany and you completed your
University entrance certificate (Abitur) abroad,
you must apply to the Düsseldorf office of the district president
to have your transcript/degree certified:

Zentrale Zeugnisanerkennungsstelle (Main Certificate Recognition Centre)
Postfach 30 08 65
Georg Glock-Str. 4
40408 Düsseldorf
Tel.: 0211- 4 97 71

If you reside in Germany, apply to the school that issued your grade transcript to compute your grade point average.

If you are a student at the Universität zu Lübeck and you studied abroad, you can get your transcript certified by:

Landesamt für Gesundheit und Arbeitssicherheit Schleswig-Holstein (State Office for Health and Work Safety)
Adolf-Westphal-Str. 4
24143 Kiel
Tel.: 0431 - 9880

The State Examination Board is also responsible for all examination related matters.

If you are an international student and are not or no longer enrolled in medical school, or have not been admitted to a German university, and you are a:

  • German citizen, born in Germany, you should apply to the state examination board in your state of birth to have your transcript/degree certified.
  • Germans or foreign citizens not born in Germany should apply to the office listed below:

Landesversorgungsamt Düsseldorf - Landesprüfungsamt für Medizin, Psychotherapie und Pharmazie -
Postfach 10 34 55
40025 Düsseldorf

If you would like to have your courses in another field credited for admission to medical school, contact the state examination board in the German state in which you went to university.

Application for 1st semester of Medical School

If you are a German or EU citizen or are studying in Germany, submit your application for admission to the 1st semester in medical school to:

Stiftung für Hochschulzulassung (Foundation for University Admissions)
Sonnenstr. 171
44137 Dortmund
Tel.: 0231 - 10 810

Transfer to another university

For assistance in transferring to another university, contact any of the following low-cost service organisations:

VSB -Verein zur Förderung studentischer Belange e.V. (Student Support Association)
Postfach 1829
53008 Bonn
Tel.: 01805 - 258 966
Fax: 0228 - 9140899

RCDS - Ring Christlich Demokratischer Studenten (Christian Democrat Students)
RCDS Bildungs- und Sozialwerk, Paul-Lincke-Ufer 8 b
10999 Berlin
Tel.: 030 -61651820

Lost & found

Visit the Lost & Found office in the Main Hospital (
Campus map
) to drop off found items or collect lost items upon presentation of proper proof.