Turnus of offer:
each winter semester
Course of studies, specific field and terms:
- Bachelor CLS 2023 (compulsory), mathematics, 3rd semester
- Bachelor Computer Science 2019 (optional subject), Extended optional subjects, Arbitrary semester
- Bachelor Computer Science 2019 (compulsory), Canonical Specialization Bioinformatics and Systems Biology, 5th semester
- Bachelor Medical Informatics 2019 (optional subject), medical computer science, 4th to 6th semester
- Master MLS 2018 (optional subject), interdisciplinary competence, 1st semester
- Bachelor Computer Science 2016 (optional subject), advanced curriculum, Arbitrary semester
- Bachelor Computer Science 2016 (compulsory), Canonical Specialization Bioinformatics, 5th semester
- Master MLS 2016 (optional subject), mathematics / computer science, 1st semester
- Bachelor CLS 2016 (compulsory), mathematics, 3rd semester
- Bachelor Biophysics 2016 (compulsory), mathematics, 3rd semester
Classes and lectures:
- Biomathematics (exercise, 2 SWS)
- Biomathematics (lecture, 2 SWS)
- 20 Hours exam preparation
- 60 Hours in-classroom work
- 70 Hours private studies and exercises
Contents of teaching:
- Examples and elementary solution methods for ordinary differential equations
- Existence and uniqueness theorems
- Dependence of solutions on initial conditions
- Linear systems (in particular with constant coefficients)
- Higher-Order linear differential equations
- Qualitative theory of nonlinear systems
- Students are able to explain basic notions from the theory of ordinary differential equations.
- Students can explain bad phenomena of solutions of differential equations using examples.
- Students can specify conditions under which good phenomena of solutions are guaranteed by applying theorems from the theory of ordinary differential equations.
- Students are able to find explicit solutions of simple differential equations.
- Students are able to explain how solutions of differential equations can be analysed qualitatively.
- Students are able to present important models of the natural sciences which can be analysed by differential equations.
Responsible for this module:
- G. Birkhoff, G.-C. Rota: Ordinary Differential Equations
- H. Heuser: Gewöhnliche Differentialgleichungen - Teubner Verlag 2009 (6. Auflage)
- M.W. Hirsch, S. Smale: Differential Equations, Dynamical Systems, and Linear Algebra
- J. D. Murray: Mathematical Biology - Springer
- J. Scheurle: Gewöhnliche Differentialgleichungen
- R. Schuster: Biomathematik - Vieweg + Teubner Studienbücher 2009
- W. Walter: Gewöhnliche Differentialgleichungen
Admission requirememnts for taking the module:
- None (The competencies of the modules listed under 'Requires' are needed for this module, but are not a formal prerequisite)
Admission requirements for participation in module examination(s):
- Successful completion of homework assignments during the semester
- MA3400-L1: Biomathematics, written exam, 90 min, 100 % of module grade
Letzte Änderung: 22.2.2022